- Original on birch plywood panel
- Acrylic, coloured pencil, and varnish
80cm (diameter) x 2.4cm (depth)
- Comes with a Certificate of Authenticity
- Sent with tracked shipping
- Worldwide shipping also available, please enquire to email@example.com
Gorse forms part of the Native Collection - a series of paintings inspired by my love of wave gliding, edible wild plants and mushrooms that line the Cornish coast, and that indescribable sense of wonder at the fact that something called existence exists.A bit about gorse (ulex europaeus)...
Gorse shrubs feel so iconic here on the Cornish coast, speckling the land with their vibrant yellow and their warm coconutty smell. I personally enjoy the sight and smell of them more than their taste, so I usually leave the flowers intact for the bees, pollinators, and other nectar loving creatures to enjoy.